vrijdag 5 oktober 2012

Greek food.


Typical Dutch food. That would be “boerenkool met worst” which is mashed potatoes with a green vegetable (don’t know the English word) and smoked sausage. I really like boerenkool and eat it every winter. While I was thinking about typical Dutch food, I came to the conclusion that I don’t eat typical (insert country) food. Sure, I’ve eaten Chinese before. And don’t forget the Indian food. But it surprised me how infrequently I ate typical food from other countries. That is something that is going to change. I have obligated myself to eat something from a different country at least once a week week. 

That started today.

I started of the new habit with Greek. I’ve never really eaten Greek, which is a shame! I loved it! 

For the people that don't know what "boerenkool" is. Here it is.

chickpea salad

Greek bean salad

Greek dolmades


This was a great success! I loved the food and I'm curious what I'm going to eat next week!

Geen opmerkingen: