zondag 3 februari 2013

The Pentax Spotmatic SP

It has been a while since I did one of these vintage camera reviews. I thought it would be time to do one again. This time it’s the Pentax Spotmatic SP. I got this camera from a customer at my work. I was working at the restaurant when this man came to me. He is a regular guest at the restaurant. The man told me he knew I was collecting analogue camera’s. He said he had some at home he would like me to see. The next week he gave me this one for free for you guys to show!

 

foto 1

The Pentax Spotmatic SP was produced in 1964. It is a 35mm film camera. It was one of the first good selling cameras with through-the-lens light metering. I really like this camera because you can use it right away if you want. No battery’s needed. It does use a battery for the light meter, unfortunately the type of battery is not sold anymore. You don’t have to use the light meter, but if you do, you can put an adapter on your camera and you’re good to go!

There is another thing  I really liked about this camera, which I have never seen on a camera before. It has a little twistable sign which tells you if there is a film in your camera. I personally love this because I ALWAYS forget what film is in the camera.

fotohhuo

It’s a good camera with a good lens. It takes pretty pictures. Perfect camera if you want to begin film photography. If you have any questions about this camera, I’ve got the manual and the repair-manual. So let me know if there is anything!

Have a nice day!

X.

Geen opmerkingen: