vrijdag 1 februari 2013

The chair.

B&w_1

I finally finished it! About a year ago I came up with the idea of making a chair out of cans. At first, the idea was to make the entire chair out of cans only. Then I discovered the existence of  “recycle design”. I learned how designers make the most beautiful designs using recycled products. One of the most interesting designers would definitely be Max McMurdo with his bath tub couches.

clip_image002

If you’ve never heard of recycle design, Google it. You don’t want to miss out on so many beautiful designs, which (most of them) you can also make YOURSELF!

That brings me to another topic. Do it yourself. It is a super popular concept these days. And that is so fun about recycle design. Most of the designs are made for everyone. Designed to make one yourself. These days, design is for everyone and everyone can be a designer. And that, ladies an gentleman, was one of the main goals I wanted to achieve in  my chair design. Something that makes the chair YOUR design.

So lets stop talking and start showing. This is what I came up with. You can buy this chair as a package. You’ll get the wood only. What YOU have to do is recycle cans. The chair is built to use 6 cans per layer, but if you want to use up all space, you can. You can paint the cans. You can paint the wood. Or you can just keep it simple. Its YOUR design.

For the people living in Holland. There will be an exhibition in Hilversum February 8th 2013. My chair will be exhibited and sold. Well, ill try to sell it… if possible.

Link to the exhibition here: http://kringloopblik.nl/talentvolblik

These pictures where made by: Dominique van Ee fotografie.

_MG_9454

BeFunky_Sepia_1

_MG_9475

B&w_1

Geen opmerkingen: