donderdag 22 november 2012

Analogue #2 Kodak ektralite 600


So, as promised, here is the next analogue camera post. This time it is the kodak ektralite, a 110 mm camera. This one is a bit different. Probably less ‘eye candy’ for those who like the old leather and the big lenses. Though, this one is pretty awesome! I had bought the Kodak in a thrift shop. It wasn’t the local one, I can’t remember which one it was. It is pretty much indestructible because of the hard plastic cap.
So here it is:


6040597322_10bf16c99f_z 


Its ideal to put in a big bag when you go camping or something. It just wont break! The lenses are protected when the camera is closed. This camera was introduced in 1980 and stopped producing in 1982. back in the days, this camera would cost you 67 dollar, I bought it for 80 cents. (hahaha) It has 2 lenses, one normal lens, and one tele-lens. I made a lot of vacation pictures with this camera and I LOVE the vintage affects it gives.
Another funny thing, the photos from this camera are a little more square-ish than a normal picture. Love that!! Here is an example:


9570f4e3931bed0c579523da10f6aaeac26514c1


compared to the usual size:


d7d14a8514fb3da6bb468484b52618b5190d212c


My kodak actually still has the name of the first owner of the camera in it! It says "C.J. De Jage’! Tried to look up  a picture of the person, couldn’t find it… would have been pretty awesome if I knw what the person looks like.
I’m planning on painting mine orange! I’ll post about that when I actually did…
So here, for the fun, the original commercial:





If you want to buy this camera, you would have to look at eBay, there are literally hundreds of them on there. You can buy the 110 mm film on the lomography store, just click HERE.
So that was the 2nd camera of my collection. If you want to ask anything you can comment!


.

Geen opmerkingen: